Have the Knowledgeable Public Write Your Book?
20 November 2006 1 Comment
In yet another insightful article by Brock Read in Wired Campus entitled “A Business Book, Wiki-Style” the concept of having the public write your next book is exposed. The process is simple:
- Think of a title: We Are Smarter Than Me, a new book that tries to help businessmen make sense of blogs, online communities, and other interactive Web media
- Create a suitable wiki with chapter headings and opening anecdotes
- Entice your authors: “Be an author of the first networked book on business. Together we will write the book on how the emergence of community and social networks will change the future rules of business.”
- At the closing date employ ghostwriters to edit and refactor the text for publication
- Present the project at a suitable conference
Money for old rope?